Tuesday, September 07, 2010

On Wednesday last I stopped by the Boles Acres VFD and met with a couple of volunteers who were performing truck checks. Tonight I will be attending their business meeting.

What I learned at my first visit: The Chief is John Badjar and the Asst. Chief is Pete Nissley. Boles Acres #1 is located on Sage Avenue, Boles Acres #2 is located in Dog Canyon. Boles #1 has an ISO of 7 and Boles #2 is rated 9. Between the two locations they have 4 tenders, 3 engines, 2 medic units, 2 brush units, 1 air truck and a 1936 fire engine, way cool! 3/4 of the volunteers have some medical certification and they have between 20-25 members.

I learned that it costs approximately $2345 to fully equip a fire fighter with bunker gear; helmet, Nomex hood, boots, gloves, coat and pants.

They are automatically assisted by Oro Vista VFD and Alamo West.

No comments: