Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Working My Way Across Otero County, 5 vs. 3 Commissioners

Monday, April 28th, was a Chaparral day for my campaign. Didn't check the odometer but it is easily an hour and fifteen minutes to this rapidly growing town that straddles Otero and Dona Ana Counties and is pushing up to El Paso outskirts. So, 11 1/2 hours later I am happy to report I registered 5: 3 Repubs, 1 Dem and 1 Decline to State. These were turned in the following day to Otero Clerk. See my face book page for photos and details    https://www.facebook.com/janet.white.3154 

Chaparral is the "8 hundred lb. gorilla" for Otero County and like most of the outlying communities gets little or no representation - Orogrande, Dog Canyon, Otero Mesa, Boles Acres....
Wise people understand that weaknesses in our system of governance is detrimental to the whole body. It is long overdue that Otero have 5 commissioners instead of the establishment's 3. Yes, it means that comms will have less power and less pay but the benefits make the whole county better. This message was overwhelmingly supported when I presented the concept at the combined Otero-Dona Ana candidate forum Monday evening. I am a warrior for We the People and love the job.

David Clements was at the forum. He is New Mexico's best hope to replace Sen. Udall and I stand behind him 100%  http://www.clementsfornm.com/about_david.php