Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Two Funny Experiences and ADN Story

Several days ago I was carrying a batch of my postcards into the Alamogordo Post Office.  My arms were full of bundles of cards to be mailed.  Just at the perfect moment, one of my "competitors" exited the building and held the door open for me.  I smiled and said "Thank you, sir".  What are the odds?


Then last night I held an informal "get together" with Primary Voters in the Oro Vista area.  We met in the Oro Vista VFD kitchen at the same time the volunteers were having a training session in one of the truck bays where they were watching a video.  When our meeting was over, we opened the door we came in to leave and there were approximately 30-40 startled faces.  Most of the volunteers were doing equipment checks when we went into the kitchen and had no idea we were there.  We quickly backed up and found another door!  I still chuckle.

Link to ADN:  http://www.alamogordonews.com/alamogordo-news/ci_25803503/white-candidate-otero-county-district-1-seat

Only one misquote - I am not interested in "turning up the noise" but "turning the nose".

No comments: