Thursday, May 18, 2006

Lincoln National Forest is closed due to extremely dry conditions. Add to that the lack of forest management by the United States Forest Service. They manage about 2% a year. I could hardly believe my ears at the Grazing Advisory Board meeting yesterday when Forest Service officials seemed to blame everyone but themselves. "It is a matter of coordinating" a FS decision maker said. Are we supposed to believe that the trees can be taught to "coordinate" to thin themselves? Next it will be sensitivity training for the trees so they won't overcrowd.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go!! Keep us informed on all the meetings you go to and also responses as you gather names on your nominating petition.

Janet White said...

Dear Anonymous,

Way to go? What did I do? I am following my instincts as I am not a politician. Whatever I am doing is purely on belief in the system regardless of how the "pros" act. My attitude is this, I am offerring an alternative, a change. "If you put me in office, it is for one reason, to represent you." If you are happy with the way things are being done, and your money spent, vote (or not vote) the way you have done in the past.

I hear a lot of disgust and disappointment as I go door to door. I listen. And I understand people's mistrust. But, when given the opportunity to have a chance at something real and good, I'll never turn that down. That is the way I choose to live my life.

Janet

Janet White said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.